The GIA and AGSL are the two most widely respected authorities on diamonds, so Blue Nile
only offers diamonds with grading reports from these laboratories. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) set the standard for diamond grading and gemological identification, and their grading system serves as the international gem and jewelry industry's benchmark credentials. This report describes the following:
- Shape and Cutting Style The diamond shape and cutting style.
- Measurement The diamond dimensions in millimeters.
- Weight Weight of diamond listed to the nearest hundredth of a carat.
- Depth Depth (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Table Table facet (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Girdle Range of girdle thickness.
- Culet Appearance of culet facet.
- Finish Grades of polish and symmetry.
- Clarity Clarity grade determined under 10x magnification.
- Clarity Plot A map of the approximate size, type, and position of inclusions as viewed under a microscope.
- Color Grade of color.
- Fluorescence Color, and strength of color when diamond is viewed under UV light.
- Comments Description of additional diamond characteristics not mentioned in the report.
Blue Nile Pearl Jewelry
: The pearls in Blue Nile Akoya cultured pearl jewelry must have high to medium luster, and they must be mostly round in shape, with smooth surfaces and no noticeable blemishes. Since color and size are the most important features of Tahitian cultured pearls, Blue Nile pearls feature high to medium luster, they must be mostly round in shape, and have smooth to lightly spotted surface markings. Even Blue Nile
Freshwater cultured pearl jewelry features white pearls with high to medium luster, round to slightly off-round, good uniformity, and smooth to lightly spotted surface markings.
Diamonds Royale: The Best in Engagement Rings, Wedding Bands, Loose Diamonds and Watches, Gold, Silver
The Blue Nile
philosophy is simple: Offer high-quality diamonds and fine jewelry at outstanding prices. At Blue Nile
, you'll find the education and guidance that make shopping easy and straightforward, so you'll make the best decision. Blue Nile
standards of quality ensure that when you go to Blue Nile, you've already edited your selection to the finest certified loose diamonds and jewelry. We're confident you won't find a better quality diamond or piece of jewelry for the price. [ Source: www.bluenile.com ]